3. ELIGIBILITY; RIGHTS WE GRANT YOU; USAGE LIMITATIONS
3. Eligibility. You must be 13 years of age or older to use the Services. Additional aspects of the Services may have further age restrictions that will be presented to you in connection with those Services. Minors under the age of majority in their jurisdiction but that are at least 13 years of age are only permitted to use the Services if the minor’s parent or guardian or other holder of parental authority accepts these Terms on the minor’s behalf prior to use of the Services. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Services. You cannot use the Services if (1) the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the United States Treasury Department lists you as a specially designated national and/or blocked person; (2) the Bureau of Industry and Security of the United States Department of Commerce lists you on its denied persons list or lists of parties of concern; or (3) you’re on any similar list promulgated by an official agency or department of the United States government. Further, if you use the Services, you may not transfer or provide to us any currency, digital assets, or other items that have been derived from any illegal or unlawful activity. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you meet these all requirements.
4. User Account. Though your linked Digital Wallet will function as a unique identifier for you in respect of your use of the Services, we may additionally require you to create an account in order to use certain portions of the Services (to the extent applicable, your “Account”). To the extent that we require you to create an Account, we will provide you with instructions on how to do so, and once created, how to access, edit, and update your Account. In your creation, editing, or updating of any such Account, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated information. You are solely responsible for any activity on your Account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your Account.
5. License Grant.
1. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, the Company hereby grants to you, a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, non-transferrable, and non-exclusive license to access and use the software provided to you as part of the Services (and, to the extent we offer you any software for download as part of the Services, to download, install, and execute a single copy of such software onto the equipment or device specified by us). This license has the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by us, in the manner permitted by these Terms, and subject to the use restrictions described below. Your access and use of the Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance, or repair of the Services or other actions that Company, in its sole discretion, may elect to take.
2. We understand that part of what makes our community so great is their interest in developing tools and services that are helpful for other users of our Services, such as guild directories or Game-related guides (“User Services”). This section sets out your permissions to use the Age of Sentinels name and logo (“Age of Sentinels Mark”) in connection with such User Services, to reproduce and display Age of Sentinels audiovisual assets, artwork, images for Game Items, and other Services-related content and content derived from the Services (“Content”) as part of your User Services. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, if you have developed a User Service that provides value to users of the Age of Sentinels Metaverse (as determined in our sole discretion), the Company hereby grants to you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, non-transferrable, and non-exclusive license to use or reproduce the Age of Sentinels Mark but solely as needed to identify that your User Service is related to the Age of Sentinels Metaverse, and a right to reproduce Content such as images of ships and planets to be able to identify Content to users of User Services, and provided that in all cases, such uses: (i) are strictly for non-commercial and not-for-profit purposes; (ii) include a prominent disclaimer that your User Service is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the Company in any way and otherwise ensure that you do not use the Age of Sentinels Mark or Content in a manner that is likely to cause confusion, deception, or mistake about the source of the User Service; and (iii) comply in all respects with any quality control guidelines that we may implement from time to time in our sole discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may at any time and in our sole discretion revoke the license granted in the preceding sentence and require that you discontinue any use or reproduction of any of our Age of Sentinels Marks, Content, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, slogans, logos, images, or other proprietary notations, and you agree to immediately comply with such requirement.
3. When you purchase a Game NFT, you own the NFT as a token on the blockchain, but you do not own any intellectual property rights in the related Content associated with such NFT except for the license grants expressly set forth herein. If you purchase or otherwise lawfully acquire a Game NFT, then subject to your compliance with these Terms, the Company hereby grants you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use, copy, and display the Content that is specifically associated with such purchased Game NFT, and solely for the following purposes: (a) for your own non-commercial and not-for-profit use within or related to the Services and not otherwise in conflict with these Terms or any other Services-related policies (e.g., not to create and sell merchandise related to such Content); (b) as part of the Marketplace and any other marketplace that permits the purchase and sale of your Game NFTs, provided that the marketplace cryptographically verifies that only the actual owner can display the Content in connection with their sale of their Game NFT; or (c) as part of a third-party website or application that permits the display, inclusion, involvement, or participation of your Game NFT, provided that the website/application cryptographically verifies each Game NFT’s ownership of the Game NFT to ensure that only the actual owner can display the Content, and provided that the Content is no longer visible once the owner of the Game NFT leaves the website/application. This license only lasts as long as you are the valid owner and holder of the Game NFT associated with the licensed Content. If you sell or transfer the Game NFT to another person, this license will transfer to such other owner or holder of the Game NFT, and you will no longer have the benefits of such license. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
6. Restrictions On Your Use of the Services. You may not do, or assist others in doing, any of the following, unless applicable laws or regulations prohibit these restrictions or you have our written permission to do so:
1. download, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, translate, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any Content or other materials or information contained on, or obtained from or through, the Services, provided, however, that such activities are permitted strictly for non-commercial and not-for-profit uses;
2. duplicate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, decode or derive source code from the Services (including any underlying idea or algorithm), or attempt to do any of the same, except if we have permitted you to do so (such as under an open source license we have granted);
3. use, reproduce, or remove any copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name, slogan, logo, image, or other proprietary notation displayed by Company on or through the Services, including to promote, advertise, market, or sell any third-party product or service or merchandise, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized by Section 3.3(b) above;
4. use, offer, promote, advertise, make available, and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
1. cheats (e.g., methods, not expressly authorized by the Company to influence and/or facilitate the gameplay in an unfair manner, including exploits of any in-Game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods),
2. automation software (bots) (i.e., any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by the Company, that allows the automated control of a Game or any other feature of the Services, e.g., the automated control of a character in a Game),
3. hacks (i.e., accessing or modifying the software of the Services in any manner not expressly authorized by the Company),
4. modifications (mods) not expressly authorized by the Company, or
any other code and/or software, not expressly authorized by the Company, including third-party software, that can be used in connection with the Services and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;
5. engage in any manipulative activity that violates the integrity of the prices of assets on the Marketplace, including (but not limited to) the manipulative tactics commonly known as spoofing and wash trading;
6. access or use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, disrupt, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s access to or use of the Services or use any device, software, or routine that causes the same;
7. attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt the Services, accounts registered to other users, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Services;
8. circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade, or thwart any technological measure or content protections of the Services;
9. use any unauthorized robot, spider, crawlers, or other automatic device, process, software, or queries that intercepts, “mines,” scrapes, or otherwise accesses the Services to monitor, extract, copy, or collect information or data from or through the Services, or engage in any manual process to do the same, provided, however, that the Company may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third-party user interfaces;
10. exploit a design flaw, undocumented problem, or program bug in the Services, including but not limited to creating, using, or transacting with any in-Game item created or copied by such exploit;
11. host, provide, or develop matchmaking services for the Game(s), or intercept, emulate, or redirect the communication protocols used by the Company in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play (except as expressly authorized by the Company), or as part of content aggregation networks;
12. facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Services including without limitation (i) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Services; and (ii) any connection using third-party programs or tools not expressly authorized by the Company;
13. allow another party/person/entity access to your account information or game session or otherwise share your account;
14. attempt to sell, sublicense, rent, lease, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any copy of the Services, any component thereof, or your rights to the Services to any other party in any way not expressly authorized herein;
15. introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other materials that are malicious or technologically harmful into our systems;
use the Services for illegal, harassing, unethical, or disruptive purposes, including engaging in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players or disrupt operation of the Company’s Services in any way, including:
1. disrupting or assisting in the disruption of any computer used to support the Services or any Game environment, or
2. harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity, or disconnecting;
17. use the Services in such a way as to infringe the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of third parties;
18. violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your access to or use of the Services; or
19. access or use the Services in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms.
7. Use of the Services. You are responsible for providing the computer, mobile device, wireless service plan, software, Internet connections, and/or other equipment or services that you need to download, install, and use any aspect of the Services. We do not guarantee that any aspect of the Services can be accessed and used on any particular device or with any particular service plan. We do not guarantee that any aspect of the Services or will be available in, or that orders for Offerings can be placed from, any particular geographic location.
WHILE RUNNING, THE SERVICES (INCLUDING THE GAME) AND COMPANY MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE’S MEMORY FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING EITHER CONCURRENTLY WITH A GAME OR OUT OF PROCESS. AN “UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY PROGRAM” AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY THE “RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES” SECTION ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE SERVICES DETECT AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY PROGRAM (a) THE SERVICES MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO THE COMPANY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, WALLET ADDRESS, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) THE COMPANY MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
Additionally, the Services may include a tool that will allow your computer system to forward information to the Company in the event of a crash of any aspect of the Services, including system and driver data, and by agreeing hereto you consent to the Company receiving and/or using this data.
If the Services detect the use of an Unauthorized Third-Party Program, your access to the Services may be terminated with or without additional notice to you.